A note from Huawei Central has just been published, who are citing as a source the North American portal Financial Times (FT), in which they say that Google’s top executives are pressuring US officials to exclude them from the ban to export technology. to Huawei, indicating that in the short term Huawei would be affected but in the long term it is American companies that are affected by this measure. In the aforementioned portal you can read the following:
Google has warned if the US administration moves ahead with a sweeping ban on Huawei, it risks compromising national security, the FT reported on Thursday.
While the bans are expected to hurt the Chinese company in the short term, industry experts say it could force Huawei and other Chinese company to become independent by developing more home-grown technologies, damaging the dominance of the US companies such as Google in the longer term.
Due to the ban, Google would not be permitted to update its Android OS on Huawei devices, which it argues would prompt Huawei to develop its own version of the software, FT reported.
Additionally, Google argued a Huawei-modified version of Android would be more susceptible to being hacked.
Google said (via FT): “Like other US companies, we’re engaging with the Department of Commerce to ensure we’re in full compliance with its requirements and temporarylicence. Our focus is protecting the security of Google users on the millions of existing Huawei handsets in the US and around the world.”
Previously, Huawei has said it would be able to develop its own OS “very quickly”.
In May, The US government added Huawei to a trade blacklist. The move put Huawei and 68 affiliates in more than two dozen countries on the Entity List.
After the ban, Google stopped business with Huawei, cutting it off from potential updates to Android OS. Later, the government has granted a 90-day stay for companies to provide services.